Saturday, August 4, 2012

Roasted Corn w/Tequila Cream Sauce

I threw this together thinking it would go good with fajitas and was so happy with the way it turned out.  It is inspired by flavors in a pasta dish I like to order at a local restaurant.  I like to spoon this onto my fajitas.  You could also thin this out a little with vegetable or chicken broth and toss it with pasta and chicken - YUM!

  • 2-3 large ears of Fresh Corn
  • 1/2 Bell Pepper, diced (any color you want)
  • 1 small onion, diced
  • 1 jalapeno, diced
  • 1 cup light cream
  • 2 Tablespoons Tequila

Traditionally, corn is roasted over an open flame.  So I cheat a little on roasting my corn.  I am just too impatient to wait for the outdoor grill to heat up!  And to avoid scraping the kernels off the cob while its still smoking hot, I do that first.  Hey, it's okay...  I learned it from a chef!  So here is the method I use for roasting my corn:

Cut the kernels off the cob and toss them straight into a heated skillet.  No need for cooking oils or sprays.  Just keep an eye on the heat so they don't burn.  Once they start browning up, give them a stir.  When they've gotten deep brown spots on the kernels - voila! You've got roasted corn! 

Once your corn is roasted, add your diced onions to the skillet.  Cook until the onions begin to soften.  Add the tequila and the peppers to the pan.  Just before the tequila has completely cooked away, add your cream and turn heat to low.  In approximately 3 minutes, the cream will thicken and you're done.

Witch's Note:  As corn is the star in this recipe, this is good for grounding.

No comments:

Post a Comment